Saturday, February 4, 2012

What questions should I ask during a job interview?

I have a job interview today in a few hours. I'm kind of nervous, but I've done this before and I am confident enough to get this done! The interview is a Ruth Chris' Steakhouse and I am applying as a runner. What questions should I ask the employer for this particular job during the interview?What questions should I ask during a job interview?
In interviews it is often helpful to ask the interviewer questions of your own! Good examples are "Did you steal that tie from a homeless man's grandpa?" and "Do you mind if I unzip my pants?"What questions should I ask during a job interview?
what road is your job is on?

Report Abuse

What questions should I ask during a job interview?
It's great that you're ready to ask questions -- that a big part of coming across well in the interview. This is your chance to have a dialogue with your interviewer and show off that you're intelligent, resourceful, and excited about the job. A candidate without questions can come across as uninterested and/or nervous about the position.



Think of several questions beforehand, ideally at least 3-6 of them. During your interview, try to ask a blend of both general questions and more personal questions to build your connection with the interviewer. A few good examples of a general question:

-"How would you describe the type of people who excel in this job?"

-"Tell me a little more about the culture of the company...what really distinguishes you from your competitors?"

-"What are the opportunities for advancement at the steakhouse?"

-"Is there a training period? If so, what does it consist of?"



A good example of a personal question you can ask: "Why do you enjoy working here? What keeps you excited about the company?"



Also, remember that you don't have to wait for the end of the interview to ask questions -- it's perfectly acceptable to sprinkle your questions throughout the interview. Just be sure to try to gauge your interviewer's style...While some interviewers may be more rigid, most people enjoy having a dialogue and more of a "conversation" during the interview. Hope that was helpful!



If you'd like more career or interview advice, visit us at http://www.prepsession.com/ (just click on "Career Prep"). You can also give us a call at 888-501-PREP.

No comments:

Post a Comment