Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's the point of doing anything in life? Here is my life tragedy.?

I feel like I should just drop out of school. It's not like I really have to work really hard for anything anyways. I'm going to be inheriting a giant house, a few other houses, a farm, some other land, some condos, and other stuff that makes enough money to support itself and much extra.


I'm an only child so it's all going to be going to me.


And the way I look at it is, well like right now. All my family wants me to do is get through school for some reason, even though they can take care of me. I was given a brand new car, I don't have to pay rent where I'm at because it's covered, I don't have to get a job because everything I need I can get if I just ask nicely. So I don't really have to do anything now, and later, I mean I just don't really get what I should do. I don't really care about money, so it's not like I really want to "add on" to the "empire" my family has built up. I could live pretty comfortobly without ever having to lift a finger.





Just so you know, I'm not some spoiled brat or anything. I actually did have a job once, and I did sometimes have to earn money that they gave me. Like I ONLY got like maybe $20 for vacuuming my ENTIRE room. I also had to mow the lawn sometimes when and we didn't have a riding lawn mower which really sucked. I would have enjoyed doing it if I didn't have to walk the thing. I only got like $30 for that. Which is nothing compared to one of my old friends, he got like $70 for doing something like that so I'm pretty poor when compared to him, AND he has a riding lawn mower so I looked like a poor person and it felt embarrassing. Like he got a cash allowance of like I forget but it was at least $100 a week, I was luck if I got that in a month, I maybe only got like $50 and had to actually work for any extra. So it's not like I don't know what work is. And he got to get an xbox360 AND a PS3 AND a Wii, for Christmas but I only got to choose a PS3 which really sucked because I'm Jewish so I expected at least a few more game counsels in the presents for the 8 gifts I got.





But all that sacrifice made me realize that it's just stuff. So I became more un-materialistic and stuff and I learned how to become happy with what I had. It was after we watched some movie in class about these people in 3rd world nations who didn't have food and stuff. Well it made me think of how we had to sacrifice normal food for cheaper food like having to just be okay with going to the Olive Garden instead of Sarefnis *if I spelled it right* because Olive garden was cheaper. I felt like I was starving so I know how that kid with the big stomach in the video felt because I had to go through food shortages too, maybe not as bad but still pretty bad, I mean a few times instead of going to the chris and ruth's steak house place we had to settle for Outback steak house or something like it you know? Can YOU imagine that? Like really, put yourself in my shoes and imagine that for a second. So yeah, I know what it's like to almost starve. But I was able to adapt and survive through it all and I know





Anyways, so point being, it's not like I'm just lazy, it's just I don't really see the point in doing anything when I don't really have to. In my hardship I've learned that money isn't the center of the universe and I don't see the need to keep making more?





I've talked to my professional friend " he's really just a plain ol counselor" and he tries to tell me that i should do this and that and blah blah blah.








Anyways, am I wrong to think this?|||i kind of feel bad for you and i *don't* envy that lifestyle at all. You won't appreciate anything if you don't work for it. Rich people are not necessarily happier, contrary to popular belief, and money can really mess up your life if you aren't careful.



Anyway here are a couple of ideas that you may want to give a try. They may seem extreme, but in the end they will be well worth the effort. And frankly, an issue like this will not go away completely without taking serious measures IMO. Your problem seems to be that you have money, and therefore have no motivation to do anything. So you need to take control of that. This will be hard at first. but try to give yourself an allowance. You can set it, anywhere from $3000 to $5000 a month. Learn to live like a normal person. Live in a normal apartment, do your own laundry, etc. Don't go over your allowance. Now you will hopefully be motivated to get an education and a job and a normal career, to better your standard of living. You can only use money that you have earned yourself if you want more than your allowance for this to work. Lock the cards and passwords to your other accounts in a safe, only withdrawing $3K-$5K for your allowance every month. Anything more, you will need to work for. Try this for a couple of years, see how it goes. Trust me, you will be a lot happier than you are now.



Another thing that i would do is move to a foreign country for a eight months or so, on a very low budget. It will be very uncomfortable and hard, but that's how you grow. You will learn not to take things for granted, and you will get used to living normally. Have you ever watched Batman Begins? Emulate Bruce Wayne. He was a spoiled billionaire, who forced himself to live like a pauper in poor countries for years. It's fiction, but it's a good lesson.



If you don't want to or can't do these things, then you may want to do something that you will have a motivation for. Money doesn't motivate you, but how about fame? Have you ever tried writing? Try to write a book. If you are a decent writer, you will enjoy it immensely, and you will be motivated to finish it so that you can sell a lot of books and become famous.



I hope that ive given you some ideas to think about, and hopefully you will come up with a solution to your problem :).



You need to figure out what you want. That's the first step. After that you can figure out the means to getting there.



If you want to talk, feel free to drop me an email ;). Good luck!|||This would be right at home in The Onion! Enjoyed your tongue-in-cheek first world problems.|||Oh god.|||i know u may not see the point in finshing school and working but you really should. At least you wont be sitting at home all the time borde to death. U say you have alota money and stuff coming to you but how far away is that? U have to think about that. If you really have alot of money give it to the poor. Make a kids wish come true. Volunteer somewhre. Open a homeless shelter and hire pple to cook and serve food. Idk. Im just being honest. I barely make $400/mth. I dnt pay rent or have bills to pay but gas and food is verry expensive so im barely making it. You r lucky. I never had an allowance growin up. We ddnt get paid for cleaning our room or cutting our grass. U r very blessed to have parents who are very fortunate to have whatever they want and can get you what u want. Please stay in school and find you a job. Otherwise you will borde to death and sitting around doing nothing will only lead to depression. Working and helping others gives u a sense or worth.|||To tell you the truth,your not wrong to think that at all.





It's your opinion.





But my opinion?





No,I don't think you should drop out of school just because you have everything planned out and taken care for you.I understand that you've dealt with the things that every other single person has dealt with in their lives but don't you want to look back 30 years from now and be able to be proud of the things you accomplish?Like finishing school,you want to be proud of yourself for finishing it even know you didn't have to yet you still did anyways.





It fills you with pride and a since of accomplishment.





And maybe when your done you can relax but I mean, is that all you really want to do with your life?Don't you have dreams our accomplishments you want to fulfill before you die?You only live once so why not make it worth while?





You could even help people that are less fortunate then you,like help organize charities and other things like that.Just knowing you've helped someone in some way can really make a difference in your life.








And you say that you had to settle for Outback steak house before,well to tell you the truth,there are people out there that have to go to churches to get food just to be able to eat.Going to the Outback steakhouse to them would be like having thanksgiving.Some people can't even afford to eat out and are stuck with donor food.





And I've known kids that can't even afford to buy toys to play with and are stuck with creating their own.Just imagine what one PS3 would be to them.








So in a way,you never really had lived the hard life compared to these people.





My life hasn't been that easy for the last past 3 years but I've come to realize the importance in things that I didn't before.You never really know what you have until it's gone and I learned the hard way that it's true.





Don't take what you have for granted, because one day, you just might lose it all.|||Actually, yes you are wrong for thinking that, I mean it actually sounds like your justifying being lazy. Yes I can imagine settling for the Outback steak house seeing as it is not settling, settling is when you don't have money for a place like the Outback Steak House so you have to buy the cheapest things possible. It also, sounds like your parents are trying to teach you the value of money and also to work for what you get. I have enough money that my kids don't have to work but they still work because I didn't want them to grow and have this same attitude about life therefore nothing is handed to them unless it is Christmas or a b-day and they do not get vehicles unless they work for it since life is not free and thing should not be taken for granted. Wow! you have no problems and you call your life a tragedy!! Mowing the lawn is not work.|||And this is why second and third generation rich, tend to lose their fortunes. They lose their drive, will to be successful, and know how to keep and maintain wealth.





Over time all will be lost and the next rich kid will not learn from the past either.





Have a real nice life while it lasts.|||my dad made me cut our 2 acre lawn for free,i never got paid for cleaning or vacuuming my room,try being 16 and responsible for cooking your own meals 7 days a week,%26amp; cleaning a whole apartment.just be glad for what you've got and stop complaining karma's a ***** and it will get you.if you have enough money you don't need to make more. if your still living at home you should make money, move out and fend for yourself. get an actual job not cleaning your room or mowing a lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment