Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Trying to have the best steak of my life while in vegas..what cut and degree of cooking should i be going for?

any specific restaurants i should go to? most would do the trick right? I haven't even been to Ruth Chris.Trying to have the best steak of my life while in vegas..what cut and degree of cooking should i be going for?
Porterhouse and medium rare.
Sorry to tell you this, but you might hate what someone else calls the best steak ever.



Filet mignon is considered the most tender steak. A ribeye is marbeled with fat, and is very flavorful for that reason. Prime rib and ribeye are the same cut of meat, but prime rib is cooked for many hours (similar to a roast), and has a texture similar to a roast.



As far as temperatures are concerned, medium will be warm and pink throughout. Medium rare will have warm, red center.



I personally like my steak medium. Medium rare is a little too chewy for me, but some people feel that it is more flavorful.



Hope this helps!Trying to have the best steak of my life while in vegas..what cut and degree of cooking should i be going for?
In no particular order:



CUT at the Palazzo (Wolfgang Puck)



Delmonico Steakhouse at the Venetian (Emeril Lagasse)



Stripsteak at Mandalay Bay



Smith %26amp; Wollensky



Ruth's Crist
Go to Mandalay Bay's Stripsteak for the A5 Japanese Kobe, slow-poached. Poaching brings out the flavor of the steak, whereas grilling infuses the meat with smoke. Enjoy...Trying to have the best steak of my life while in vegas..what cut and degree of cooking should i be going for?
I don't knnow Vegas well enough to know where you should go but, rib eye; med. done or prime rib, med. rare.=)
Stripsteak At Mandalay Bay...Medium-well

No comments:

Post a Comment