Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Is Mortons or Ruth's Chris more reasonably priced?

No. They are very expensive with Morton's being slightly better. However, both are outstanding steakhouses. I'd say diner for two at either will run you beyond $100--a cheap night would be $120. Drink a lot and it could be $180.Is Mortons or Ruth's Chris more reasonably priced?
Morton's is crazy expensive...but I have also heard that they had the very best steak ever! So, for a special occasion, could be perfect!



I have been to Ruth's Chris, just a few months ago we had a "taste of Charlotte" thing, where several restaurants did a special menu, with an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert for $30 per person. We thought, this is great! We get to try a nice resturant, but maybe save a few dollars.



We ordered wine....figured our bill was around $120 at this point. Then all of a sudden we had stuff on the steaks...bread, sides....then coffee with our dessert. Our bill was $235.....Two-Hundred and thirty five dollars....my husband flipped. I thought he was going to throw a chair...



We were charged extra for every single little thing....and, not a little extra either.



But, how was the food??? It was pretty good. My friend's scallops on her steak were burned, so they had to take that back. Our steaks were filets...nice cut....done as ordered. My daughter loved the side dishes and the bread. But, folks, come on....this was not, in anyway a $200 meal. It was better than Outback...but, I get wonderful stakes from 131 Main in Dilworth...and in Ballantyne.



For a nice, fancy resturant experience, my favorite is Villa Antonio. They are awesome....wonderful....always there when you need something, but not standing there staring you down! Very romantic...they have a dance floor also!!!



If you are uptown....Capital Grill. This is absoutely the best in Charlotte. I have only gone to lunch there, but if I worked uptown, I would have to wash dishes here at night to pay my food tab.



BTW: I kindof assumed you are in Charlotte....cause we have both of these resturants...but, I accept that I could be wrong! And, apologize for rambling.
Neither is reasonably priced. Both are expensive. Both are good,but way over priced.



Buy a top quality steak and grill it yourself. You'll have fun with your friends and family at a fraction of the price!Is Mortons or Ruth's Chris more reasonably priced?
Ruth's Chris -- in my experience

I prefer Morton's steak and they have fantastic chocolate souffle for 2.
Neither is 'reasonably' priced. Go to Outback Steak House instead.Is Mortons or Ruth's Chris more reasonably priced?
Great places to eat but ur genuinely getting raped if price is a concern...I paid $55 dollars for a $11 bottle of wine at Chris..but damn was that steak good and sizzling on the plate...

No comments:

Post a Comment